Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Saturday, January 18, 2020

My Favorite Things


Hello, dear friends.  How is your weekend going?  I am coming to you on a Saturday because it is wicked cold here and I'd rather write to you than do housework.  I did get my walk in today even though it was 13, count 'em, 13 degrees out.  If I wasn't so enthralled with this book, I probably would have chickened out. We are expecting snow any minute now.  I can hardly wait.

I haven't done a Favorite Things post in a while, so I thought that's as good a topic as any for a snowy day.  Btw... good news, Mark & Graham has 20% off plus free shipping going on now. 








Mark & Graham

I have some traveling in my future, so I decided to take my jewelry pouch up a notch.  I have used this new one a few times and love it.  I put my necklaces and bangles on top and rings and earrings on the bottom.




Mark & Graham

I also use this travel makeup duo and love it.  My #2 gave it to me the Christmas before last, and I use it for all my travels. It fits all my miracle creams and arsenal of makeup products.






Mark & Graham

My #1 & SIL gave me one of these commuter clutches for Christmas.  It has a place for chargers, credit cards, phone, cash, iPad, and whatever else you need to take with you. I even use it when I'm not traveling. 






Mark & Graham

I bought one of these a couple of years ago.  When I carry a small purse, my gigantic wallet won't fit into it.  Also, on vacation, I always have a place for my room key and credit cards.





Mark & Graham

I bought the girls one of these pouches, and it's amazing how much you can fit in them.  I know that because I also bought one for myself.
Don't tell the Mister.

Mark & Graham

I don't have this bag yet, but I want it.  
Mister, if you're listening, Valentine's Day is just around the corner.




Nordstrom

My #2 gave me one of these Barefoot Dreams throws.  
It is so heavenly!






That is if somebody doesn't steal it from me!





Amazon


The Mister gave me an iPad case with a lighted keyboard.  
I really liked traveling with it.




Sephora

My #1 got me sold on these daily peel pads a couple of years ago.  They are great because your skin feels so refreshed after using them.  I use them about twice a week, usually before I apply makeup.  My age spots have gotten lighter since I began using them. 
Or my vision has gotten worse.




Sephora


My #2 gave me this luxurious mask.  Can you tell my girls love makeup as much as I do?  This mask is such a treat, and my skin feels sooo soft.
I can feel myself growing younger by the minute. 





Ulta

When I was preparing to be an MOB, I asked for suggestions on makeup products.  I heard from a lot of readers and appreciate the input.  One reader (Cookie) suggested this primer, and I really like it.  One bottle lasts a long time.




Ulta

Another fantastic suggestion was Thrive mascara.  It doesn't come in waterproof, so I didn't use it on the day of the wedding.  But I've used it ever since.




Amazon

My #1 raves about this exfoliator.  It' all-natural and does a great job.  Of course, I had to go out and get one.  
After all, I want to look 28 just like her!







Sephora

Both my girls sing the praises of Olaplex.  
The hair mask works wonders even on frizzy, old hair like mine.  




One Kings Lane


I needed a couple of new guest towels for the powder room, so I ordered a couple of these. 







Amazon

Our resident Diva does not like clothes that go over her head.  I know this because I almost lost a finger.  I ordered this vest with velcro strips, and she seems to be happy.  It is a really thick fleece which she appreciates after her haircut and not wrapped in my Barefoot Dreams throw. 





Amazon

When I was on vacation, I forgot to pack my weekly dose of these vitamins.  After a few days, I noticed that uncomfortable feeling in my eye, which my Doctor diagnosed as dry eye. I didn't realize how well these things work until I stopped taking them.

I can't believe that I am old enough to be talking about dry eye.




Amazon

I'm on automatic reorder on these.  
I drink so much more water when I have one of these in my bottle.




Amazon

Boy, do I ever love this beanie on mornings like today.  
It's warm, the sound quality of the earphones is crystal clear, and you don't have to charge it often, either.






Amazon

A couple of weeks ago, the hotel that we stayed in had a great makeup mirror.  My mirror has 5X magnification, and the hotel's was 10X.  What a huge difference!  So I ordered one, and it's much easier to pluck the brows.    


Amazon

I bought this towel to wrap around a bottle of wine as a hostess gift for a pal of mine.
It fits her perfectly.






Amazon

I am the only one in the family who is not a shoe person.  The reason for this is there are very few shoes that feel comfortable on me.  I've been wearing NB for years and just found my favorite model on Amazon for a pretty good price.  So I ordered 30 pairs.

Only kidding, Mister. 





Amazon

This is my go-to treat that I have in the evening with a glass of vino.  I also pack a few in my purse if I'm going to be out for a while, to prevent me from getting hangry.
Nobody wants to see me hangry.
Ask the Mister.






Amazon

A certain someone pointed out to me that my posture is less than stellar.  I bought one of these and wear a couple of hours a day.  I don't know whether it's doing the trick, but it sure makes me more aware of how I am standing.





Amazon

I ordered a pair of these fleece-lined leggings to wear on my walks.  I liked them so much, I ordered a couple more. Also, they come with a pocket for my phone.



Amazon

I bought a few of these Cuddl Duds tops for my walks, too.  I find myself wearing them all the time just to keep warm.  They are such a thin layer you can't tell you have them on under your regular clothes.  
I talked about them so much over Christmas that my #2 finally asked me if I really liked them that much, or do I just like to say the words Cuddl Duds.




Amazon

A certain large doggie wagged his tail and sent one of my sunroom lamps flying, so I bought two of these lamps.  The price is good, they are well made, and they look great in the room.




Amazon

I went through tubes of this stuff before the wedding and our trip to Saint Martin.  I like it because it is very natural-looking, it doesn't stink, and it is moisturizing.  And I hate showing up in a warm climate looking like a ghost.





Amazon

I am continuing to use this dressing on my WW maintenance program.  If I'm going to eat extra calories, I want something more tantalizing than a dressing.  This one is quite good and doesn't taste like it's diet.

That's it for now.
Stay warm.


Until next time...




Not yet... but it's coming.

Linking up with:
Love Your Creativity 
Hello Monday
Over the Moon
Inspire Me Monday
Lou Lou Girls
Inspire Me Tuesday
Tuesdays with a Twist
My Girlish Whims
Wonderful Wednesday
A Little Bit of Everything
Welcome Wednesday
Wonderful Wednesday
Little Things Thursday
Best of the Month

Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

17 comments:

  1. Have you tried Frannie Golde Magic pants? The denim is 20% off now. They make petite Magic 28. They should name them Miracle pants. They make you look so skinny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all those travel cases. My girls travel a lot so I'm thinking of birthday gifts... And those Cuddl Duds look amazing! I don't like wearing 'long johns' because they can be so thick and bulky. And Lord knows I don't need help with that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love your Favorite Things posts and basically want to order every single thing you mention! Thanks for sharing! Beware icy cold weather probably headed your way from Nebraska!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I always look forward to your My Favorite Things post, I find a lot I need from you. My mister is not thanking you! I hate to admit I need the vitamins for dry eye, I'll be ordering that along with some of the travel cases. I haven't found one that really works for me yet. Stay warm in all that snow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie,
    My shopping list on Amazon always grows by 5-10 items when you post one of these. I seriously have enjoyed everything I've purchased with your recommendation. I hope Amazon appreciates you with some kind of extra discount. :-)
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoy your favorites post, Katie. And yes maybe we can find a two for one on the neck!lol At least it is scarf and turtleneck weather right now. :) Girl you go walking in that frigid weather??? I am a Southern Belle and I prefer the mall when it gets cold. I am reading a preview book called You are Not Alone by the ladies who wrote The Wife Between Us. I think they have another winner. Stay warm my sweet blog friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post! Pouches, cases and bags on my! I love having pouches and cases to put everything in. And I think it’s time, Time to invest in a make up mirror with magnification, lol. Have a beautiful start to your week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you've discovered a lot of goodies! Thanks for sharing and stay cozy!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Number #1, #2, and #3 need to step up their Christmas gift giving budget for their mum!
    Love your finds! Happy Day Katie, ps loved loved loved your MOB dress! laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS Lots of young, employed professional guys in Denver ;0)
    laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. That jewelry case looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The dogs always find the softest blankets.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous round up! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Resident Diva looks darling. I think I could use tht posture thing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoyed learning about some of your favourite things - we have some in common too! I love Olaplex in particular. Thank you for sharing with the Hearth and Soul Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always enjoy your recommendations. I also flavor my water with lemon flavor - and I do drink more. Let me know if the posture corrector works; I could use it. I've had The Cure in my Amazon cart for several months; I will purchase it once I finish my Philosophy product that functions similarly. I love Cuddleduds too - clutch in New England.

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts