Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, January 17, 2020

Destination Wedding/Take 3



Hello, dear friends.  Happy Friday!  Did you have a good week?  I unpacked and got a lot of things done around the house.  It's bitterly cold this morning and it looks like snow this weekend.  If I wasn't listening to such a good book, I would probably skip my walk. But instead, I'm going to bundle up so I can listen to what happens next. 

This is the third installment of the wedding of our #1 and Adorable Jonathon.  Sorry, it took so long, but I had to wait for the professional pictures to be done.  If you are interested in seeing the first two posts, you can find them here and here.  They were married legally in the States in NYC a few weeks prior.  You can read all about it here.


To refresh your memory, the wedding was held at the St. Regis Punta Mita Resort. 





When our #1 was a little girl, she wanted to be a bride for Halloween.  She told me at that time that she wished she was a real bride. 


On October 26, 2019, my little girl's wishes came true.





We all spent a relaxing day together, getting our hair and makeup done.




While the Mister and the Adorables gave words of encouragement to the groom as he prepared for the celebration.



The bride and groom decided that they would do a First Look, which means that the professional pictures were taken before the ceremony.

Btw... I think that is a great idea.  The Mister and I missed the whole cocktail reception at our wedding because we had our pics taken.  It's been thirty years, and I'm still bitter...












I'm holding on to Adorable Jonathon's arm to make sure he doesn't take off.



Double Adorableness.




Our new big, happy family.








s



Here comes the Bride!



You can't really tell, but AJ's eyes got a little misty as his Bride walked down the aisle.


My girl's dress was designed by Nardos from Nardos Design in Dallas.  She was a joy to work with.






I love this pic. 
The Mister is whispering to her... don't forget that you promised that Mom and I could move in with you two when we get really, really old.










I'm thinking... one down, one to go.
Btw... I'm taking applications for #2.




















The next stop is the cocktail hour and reception.  
Stay tuned.

Have a great weekend!

Until next time...



Photo by Fernanda Prado 
Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

36 comments:

  1. Katie, this was such a lovely wedding. The bride was beautiful and and so were her sister and mom. Your venue was such a wonderful spot for her getaway wedding, I love a beachside wedding. The dress, absolutely stunning. Her groom is so handsome. What a perfect wedding day. Congratulations to everyone and wishing all the best to the newlyweds........

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Love her dress, love your dress, love everything! Everyone just looks so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful wedding! Everything is gorgeous from the flowers to all of the dresses.
    No. 1 radiates happiness. Best wishes to her and AJ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her dress is stunning and she looks so beautiful! You all do! What an incredible place to have a wedding. Congratulations to you all. By the way - I LOVE your dress too!
    Cheers!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  5. She had a lovely wedding ceremony! Her bouquet was stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love that it was just the siblings in the wedding party. Love your dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful place and beautiful people!! What wonderful photos of memories made! Katie I love your dress!! You made a lovely mother of the bride!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful all the way around. Everyone's dresses were perfect for them. I am having those nasty comment troubles from around the same time last year. I tried to comment on the previous post, but I think it went into the cloud:) So, if your comments are down that is why.
    Anyway, I am happy that the wedding turned out so pretty. I am sure #2 will find her match.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything about these pictures is just breathtaking. I love all the bright colors, and the photographer caught some really special expressions. So happy for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a beautiful ceremony and she is absolutely gorgeous. I love all the bright colors. This wedding screams joy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am speechless. What a beautiful wedding day. Photos are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful! Thank you for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. As I look at these incredibly gorgeous pictures, I remembered that frustrating shopping trip you had looking for your dress, and the Weight Watchers post. WOW!!! It was all SO worth it. You look absolutely amazing! The wedding looks nice too! :) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful wedding! The MOB is clearly a supermodel. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Katie... The adorableness spans both sides of your wonderful families! I can only imagine the pride in your heart watching your beautiful daughter marry the sweet man of her dreams! You looked absolutely stunning as did your crew!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WHAT an delicious wedding ya'll had!!!! Everything looked beautiful....those flowers!!! Oh my! Your dress? perfection!! But what got me the most was the LOVE in all of your eyes and thru your smiles!! I would say that little girl's dream most definitely came true in every aspect of her celebration! As sappy and as happy as I was as the mother of the grooms, I can only imagine the pride you felt as the bride's mom!!!!

    ps....I finished the Last Affair last night after your recommendation. Oh Lawdy...I loved it! Just ordered her other one about friendship...have you read that one yet?

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an amazing day. Beautiful photos. Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Welcome To The Weekend Blog Hop. Have a great weekend and I hope to see you on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful photos! That sounds like an amazing day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolute Perfection. Loved following all of the events.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an absolutely stunning wedding. I love her dress, love your outfit...the mister and the handsome groom! Perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful! Simply elegance personified. I love the simplicity of "Your Girl's" gown. Such fabulousness. And your gown is exquisite! The color! Your arms! And photo-taking pre-ceremony is the BEST idea I've ever heard of! Wishing the darling couple many years of wedded bliss. 💚🎀💚🎀💚

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful pictures! Again, I love your dress. You looked fabulous in it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a gorgeous bride and beautiful wedding! The mother of the bride was quite stunning as well ;) Congratulations to the Adorables!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So beautiful Katie!! The rose petal aisle, swoon!! And PINK is definitely your color!! Congrats!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful! No wonder I thought the bride's dress was so unique; it was custom made. And I loved her bouquet. Can't wait to see the reception photos!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Everyone is glowing with love and happiness! And looking fabulous! What a beautiful wedding. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your dress! Need a post on YOUR dress! And, the bride's dress is beautiful too! laura

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations! Your daughter looks stunning. Such a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a beautiful wedding! She was a beautiful bride. I lol'ed at taking applications for #2.

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are just fabulous photos, every one. Some beautiful people there, not the least of whom was the bride (and her mom!). I love them all. Thanks so much for sharing them with us -- such a delight (especially on a cold, snowy day!)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Katie, what gorgeous photos! Your daughter is a stunning bride. And I absolutely love your dress! Thank you for sharing your special day with us!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Everything was perfect, beautiful, tasteful, joyful and delightful. All the clothes were spot on. Family and guests!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful wedding! Lovely venue and gorgeous wedding party.
    Wishing the couple much happiness. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Just beautiful!! I have been missing you and realized you were dropped off my Feedly. It happens now and then. Now I have a lot to catch up on!!

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts