Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, March 27, 2020

The Friday Files



Hello, dear friends.  I hope that this post finds you well.  There is a new sheriff in town at my house.  The Mister's place of employment closed on Tuesday, and he will be at home with me for the next sixty days.

Please excuse me while I control my excitement.


There.
I feel better already.
I'm trying to have a positive attitude and look at it as a training camp for retirement. 


Ooops.
That didn't quite work out the way I expected.



The Mister had quite a different reaction to our new normal.
Enough said.
Let's get on with the house tours.




antique decorated dining room with central park view



freestanding tub in bathroom with manhattan view
If you have to be in quarantine in NYC, this wouldn't be a bad place to be.
For more pics, click here.


*****



I absolutely love this wallpaper.  
Take a look at the rest of this gorgeous home here.








Some Instagrammers of Interest



Do you follow this young lady on Instagram?  She is an American chef in Italy who does videos about cooking in quarantine.   

***



Salads have never looked so good.
Check out saladforpresident.

***


Would you like your pie with a side of pun?
Check out jakecohen.

***


If you love bread like Oprah, you are going to drool over blondieandrye's creations.

***


My buddy, Mary, introduced me to Carolinerebuilds
Caroline is rebuilding her gorgeous colonial in Wellesley.

*****





Here is the secret to putting the prettiest crudites platters together.



*****













You probably already have the ingredients to these recipes in your pantry.

*****






Here are ten cookie recipes that you can make and freeze.


*****



Your sweet tooth doesn't give you time to thaw and bake?
No prob.
Here are some no-bake recipes that have your name all over them.

*****


Here's how Ruth Reichl is handling our world crisis. 




A group of talented bloggers joined together to put on a Spring House Tour.  Here are two of my favorites.




Check out this beautiful Connecticut home here.




And this fabulous home in Oklahoma here.


*****




You can check out the Magnolia Network's newest show here.






Those poor brides...



*****



Here's an entertaining article about a Mom who is in quarantine with her son after he was sent home from college.


*****




Are you bored yet?
Here are 95 things that you can do.

*****



This is what I watch when I'm bored or anxious.

*****



How's this isolation thing working for you?
Do you think you could ever make it as a hermit?
Here's an interview with a man who has chosen that life.


*****



Here are some isolation tips from a pro.


*****


Here are 11 free fitness apps.
Here's a little advice.
I had to learn it the hard way.
You actually have to do the routines, not just watch them.


*****



Anxiety?
What anxiety?
Here are some tips that may help.


*****




*****


How would you like to take a class at an Ivy League school for free?
Would it make you happy?


*****


Here's more good news for all Broadway Musical fans like me.


*****



Amazon

I just finished listening to this.


Amazon

And I started this on my walk today.
This is the second in the Jane Doe series.


Amazon

Thrilling page-turner.


Amazon

I'm still enjoying every moment in Camelot.





These are students from the Berklee College of Music.


Be well.

Until next time...







If you're looking for me, I'll be hanging with these two hooligans, teaching them some new tricks.





Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

16 comments:

  1. Enjoy your preview of retirement.lol We have been watching Church on TV the last few weeks. On Sunday Marvin said we took off our regular pjs and put on our good pjs for church. To quote Dumbledore, It is Strange times we are living in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading your blog posts are the highlight of my day- especially lately! A lot going on for sure, my 63 year old husband is an anesthesiologist at our local trauma hospital, due to retire in 6 months (hopefully), my son"s Jun e wedding is getting canceled, and another son is holed up in his high-rise apartment in Los Angeles. Heaven help us all! Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to quickly scroll through through those food pictures. I am already eating my weight in food. As for the previous comment. This is some sick individual who is going around and posting this comment on other blogs. It's the reason I don't allow anonymous comments. I hope you are able to delete it. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This "anonymous" hater sure gets around. Sad.
      Brenda

      Delete
  5. my husband's been home for a week and a half and we live in a small one bedroom apartment. it's been... well.. you can imagine! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie. This post had me laughing at loud. Seriously, can I give you the highest compliment? I always comment to my husband when we're bike riding past the dog beach that "this is the happiest place on earth" but I had that same thought when I was scrolling through your blog. I always leave here smiling! Your positive energy is contagious.
    Also can't you just delete that above hater comment? Consider it spam? No use having such negative energy on this post.
    also thank you for stopping by and reading my long post. I really appreciate it.
    stay well,

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leslie... your sweet comment made my day. I take it as such a compliment because you are such an incredibly beautiful writer and your blog, Gwenn Moss is one of my favorites. No worries about that bad comment. He called me a boomer! How can I be a boomer when I am in my 30's!!That's how much he knows. Stay healthy!

      Delete
  7. Always fun and now I am going back to check out a few of your links! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew I could count on your for loads of smiles today! The wedding mask... funny, but I feel for my neighbors who are canceling their wedding (though they may office-marry and then do the big deal later. Great point about isolation and space! At least we can get out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello my friend, We are eight days into hubby working from home. My wine cabinet is now empty. Definitely a challenge! But he is now out on his bike and I am indulging in my secret guilty pleasures including seeing what fun you have for us today and of course I am loving being here. I don't want to leave but the endless pile of dishes (who knew?? you know I don't normally cook!!) is calling. But I am glad your Mister is home and safe now. Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, this will be a great preview for retirement! Good Luck :) Seriously, glad your chef is safe at home. Nothing new for us, retirement hit six years ago and we are still standing. I always smile when your blog pops up in my email, I know I'm in for a fun ride. Love your house tours, a favorite pastime now for me.
    Stay well, stay safe my friend........

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Katie! Good luck with your new normal!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for th3 drools, the tips, the recs and a,ways, the laughs! You can do this and hey, at least you know you’ll be fed well all 3 meals, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Training camp for retirement! That is the best approach ever! My husband is home with me for at least the next week and I am enjoying it. We actually do like each other quite a bit as well...isn’t that a wonderful feeling?! Thanks for sharing and linking up with me. Stay safe and healthy and sane, Katie!

    xoxo
    Shelbee

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous collection of everything Katie! You always find such great things! :) THANKS! Stay safe & well over there!

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts