J. Crew Factory for Fall

Tuckernuck's styles for the new season

Friday, September 27, 2024

The Friday Files

 



First of all, I want to extend my thoughts and prayers to the people in Helene's path.  We've lived through a couple of hurricanes, and they have been pretty scary and devastating.  

This week I caught up with an old tennis buddy and also had lunch with two dear friends in the 'hood.  The Mister and I also popped down to Dallas to take our #2 out for her birthday.  We went to a new spot to us, Goodwins.  It had great food, superb service, and lousy parking.



Meet our baby in a box. Miss Lucy had some issues sitting up and staying up, so her parents devised this brilliant idea.  As you can see, she loves it.










This Atlanta home restoration is amazing!  Click here to see more.









This lakeside cottage is a beauty!











Tour this lovely 1920s home designed by Phillip Thomas in the Berkshires here.




Drum roll, please...
I have a BIG announcement. 

Over the past twelve years of blogging, people have contacted me and asked me many questions. 

One question is by far the most popular. 




Where did you get your monogram necklace?


The Mister gave me that pendant thirty-four years ago. It was the first item that I received with my married monogram.  Initially, no pun was intended; it was a pin. About 15 years ago, one of the Real Housewives wore a monogram on a chain, and I loved the look. So I visited my favorite jeweler and had a hook put on it.  I've worn it around my wrinkled neck ever since and never take it off. I love mixing it with my pearls and gold chains, and I get many compliments.

Now for the good news: We are collaborating with Jane Basch Jewelers to create an exact replica of my pendant with your initials, of course. 

If you are interested, click here.





Winner "Best Taste - Savory"

DOMINICAN FRITURA DOG

by Justin Martinez




Winner "Best Taste - Sweet"

ROUSSO’S COTTON CANDY BACON ON A STICK

by Isaac Rousso




Winner "Most Creative"

TEXAS SUGAR RUSH PICKLES

by Heather Perkins


The State Fair of Texas opens today, and here are some winners in the food category.

A word of advice: keep the cotton candy away from little ones.
Take it from me; it's not pretty.








Here's an interesting take on Airline Miles Programs.






Do you suffer from mild anxiety?  
This article makes a lot of sense.






Have you ever heard of a town that banned Instagrammers?
If not, read this.









I love roast chicken, especially the crispy skin.  It also makes the house smell good.  Here are some tips on making the BEST roast chicken.












'Tis the season to go apple picking.  Here are 21 healthy apple recipes, and they look darn good!
Mister, are you listening?






Have you read any of Dominic Dunne's books?  I loved them all.  This is a great article about him.

As a side note, I enjoyed his son's memoir over the Summer.  




Who's watching?


My money is on this guy.







This is on HGTV, and no trailer is available.  I've watched previous seasons and liked it.



This looks good.





For all you true crime aficionados out there. 





Sounds like Love Boat with a hot doc.
Count me in.


My favorite cooking competition show is back tonight!!!!



It's back on Saturday night!











Talbots is running its 40% off one item, 30% off everything else promotion.





More colors!






Great color!























Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts