Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Friday, February 14, 2020

The Friday Files



Hello, dear friends.  Happy Valentines Day!  It's going to be a chilly one around here.  And not because I'm mad at the Mister.  The temps are expected to dip into the teens. 

This week I had a delightful three-hour lunch with my buddy, Anne.  Two and a half hours were spent chatting about books.


Last night, I met Annie for dinner, and then we were off to Book Club.  The book discussion centered around The Most Fun We Ever Had.  A few of us, like me, loved it.  Some others felt it was too long.

Buttonwood randomly placed wrapped books on the shelves.  Before we left, our fearless leader, Leslie, instructed to take one home and have a blind date with a book.

Is that not the cutest idea?


If you live in the area and enjoy reading, the Supper with the Authors is always a guaranteed good time. 












Rumor has it... a recent addition to the Royal family called this her crib for a while. 









I bet that you haven't heard this one before.
This house was inspired by a shipwreck.














I wonder if these two cuties are included.












Especially for today.





Here's a healthy grocery list for under 50 buckaroos.








Are you looking to get rid of your tummy paunch like me?
Here are 20 recipes that will help us to achieve a flat belly.




Here is a list of Weight Watchers' most tracked foods.







Years ago, I had a neighbor who had a gift closet.
At a moment's notice, she was ready to attend a party with a hostess gift in hand.

Do you have a gift closet?
How about a party closet
After seeing these, I need one.





Want to know what Spring trends are in and out?
Click here.






Here is a gorgeous traditional kitchen with some modern twists.





Speaking of kitchens...
Have you ever rented an Airbnb?
You may consider it after taking a gander at these.









Have you read the book Heartburn?  Have you seen the movie?
I loved them both.  By the way, the movie is on Amazon Prime.



A new book was released last year, and it spills the beans about what happened behind the scenes of Heartburn.
You can read an expert here.




Do you recognize this gentleman?  His name Orson Bean and it seems as if he was on every game show that my parents watched during my childhood.  He recently passed away, and this article covers his incredibly colorful life.





I realize that it is only February, but I couldn't resist this article about window boxes.  
Spring can't come soon enough.



I've watched a lot of crazy reunions, but I've never seen one as contentious as Part 1 of Below Deck, which aired this week.




When not watching heated reunions, the Mister and I have been watching this exciting show




For all of you Outlander fans.
It's back.





I am reading this wonderful book.  I openly admit to choosing it for its cover.  I am almost finished with it and loving every minute of it.



The dream team is back with another twisty psychological thriller.  I'm listening to this one now and highly recommend it.  You'll have to preorder it though because it doesn't come out until next month.  It's worth the wait.














Tuckernuck

I'm trying to decide which dress to order.
I have such Spring Fever.
I like the fullness of both of them.
Either one would be ideal for an all-you-can-eat brunch.




QVC

I keep hearing about this baked blush.  
QVC had a deal, so I ordered it.  
I haven't gotten it yet, but I'll keep you posted.



Dermstore

Dermstore has a 20% off sale on Jane Iredale, so I ordered a refill of my foundation.





Dermstore

Bloggers are abuzz over this moisturizer that is the best-kept secret of French women.  I ordered this through Dermstore instead of Amazon because I read the reviews, and several customers felt that they were sold a fake product.  Dermstore has it for the same price and also offers free shipping.

I have full confidence that I will begin getting carded within weeks of starting my new regime.





Sephora



Sephora

Sephora is having a huge President's Sale.
Lots of sets like these are up to 50% off!







Last but not least...

Mister, thirty years ago, this Sunday, you asked me to be your wife. 
When you slipped that ring on my finger,  my first thought then and every day since has been:

Mister, you have very good taste.   

Until next time...








Linking up with:
Home Matters
Friday at the Fire Station
What's Up Weekend
High 5 for Friday

Bloggers Pit Stop
Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

18 comments:

  1. I recently read a quote....Dont trust anyone whose tv is bigger than their bookcase. I totally agree. I watched most of this season of Below Deck and I am not a Rylee fan. She is so disrepectful to those in authority over her. When she got on the boat, I thought, OH NO. More of Rylee's screaming and pouting. Yes, we know you are a captain on a fishing boat in Alaska...how about going back there.lol Captain Lee needed to send several of the crew home this season! Happy Valentine's Day to you and your Mister!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that house from Nova Scotia. Definitely my style.
    I have missed the shows you mentioned. I usually cave to the hubby about TV watching and just stitch and secretly read from chair:) However, just like he sucked me in with Stranger Things, he has done it again with a show on Amazon TV called Bosch. It is a detective show and I typically would not even be interested, but this one has sucked me in. IT is a little heady. I can't stitch too much or I will miss a dang detail that comes back in later. I think the Mister would like and you like me won't think you will but it sucks you in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for a very entertaining Friday Files. I want to watch Outlander...it's on Netflix or Amazon Prime now. Right now I'm watching The Stranger on Netflix and like it. It's actually a BBC drama, but they call it a Netflix original. Your book club looks like so much fun! Have a good weekend...stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That kitchen with the 'boat' in it - how cool!!!!
    I am so jealous - I want a book club to be a part of!!!
    I'm totally checking out the grocery list - thanks for linking that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently watched the movie Heartburn on Amazon Prime. It was neat to see how Meryl and Jack looked way back when, LOL.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't think the Most Fun We Ever Had was too long but I did keep wondering where all the fun was… what a family full of angst!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a gift drawer. Now I DO need a party closet. Thanks for the points list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh, how I love your Friday Files. Do them every Friday!! And get both dresses! Books for my list, thank you ma’am. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy proposal anniversary! I would say you both have good taste!! I really enjoyed the homes you shared and will investigate a couple of those books. Thanks always for your reviews! Have a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I vote for dress number 2. Always adore your home tours. Sigh...
    I use to have a gift closet (cabinet )when my girls were growing up and I was working. Now though I enjoy and have time to shop for said gift. Oh how I wish I had room for a party closet. I am actually having a party today! Janey

    ReplyDelete
  11. First of all, happy engagement anniversary! I loved this Friday Files. 1. That Nova Scotia house is one of my favorites. 2. I've read and seen Heartburn many times. Nora Ephron was a treasure. I remember the Carly Simon song (songs?) in that movie too. 3. I am all in on the idea of a gift and party closet. 4. I am definitely checking out that Acorn show. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for another jam-packed Friday Files with so much to interest, entice, tease, inform, and keep us coming back for more. And yes, the Mister does have pretty good taste!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! that was a boatload of good stuff for sure. I'm going to check out the blush. And, the homes, just beautiful. Think you and the Mister make quite the pair!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun stuff Katie! I love the idea of the blind book gift for Book Club! I look forward to checking out Heartburn and some of your other recs...Happy anniversary, what a wonderful day to get engaged, smart Mister! My first child was born on Valentines Day and he is indeed a sweetheart!!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the recipes for flatter bellies. I hope they work on flattening my behind. My dinners for the next month are set :>. Thank you.

    The shipwreck house looks so fun to visit.

    I have gift "storage" for all holidays and hostess gifts and promptly forget what I bought or where I stored things until they day after I need them. Happy belated Valentine's Day to you, the Mister and Chili and Chow.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That shipwreck house is so cool. Thank you for sharing with the Blogger's Pit Stop.

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts