Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Hostess Gifts Under $30

Don't worry, we've all been there; running aimlessly around the house in search of a hostess gift for a party that only started 40 minutes ago.
In an effort to save us all a little additional anxiety this holiday season, I have comprised a short list of some of my favorite hostess gifts - all under thirty bucks (no pun intended, Rudoph!).



Love these things.  Pretty tin too! 
 Nyakers Ginger Snaps
 
 
 
This is fun to give with a bottle of wine - or five.
 
 
 
You can never have enough of these on your bar.
 Rabbit Electric Cocktail Shaker
 
 
I have had these and you can take my word for it - I did not miss the gluten one bit!
Gluten-free Cupcake Mix

 

All you do is throw some popcorn in this jar and pop it into the microwave !
Microwave Popcorn Maker
Williams Sonoma
.

 

 Cute.
Christmas dip dish.
 
 
Festive - also great to use for a cookie exchange.  Tell the hostess the platter is hers as soon as you finish eating all your own cookies!
Christmas platter
 
 
I've given this as a gift and filled it with Christmas candy.
Ice Bucket
Pier 1
 
 
 
 
This is a beautiful book.  I absolutely love all of Ina's books and her show.  Wish I lived in her gorgeous house.





This was written by a fellow blogger.  Great book.  
I'm thinking of writing a book as well called
 "Don't Bug Me... I'm on Pinterest!"
Amazon.com

I think Starbucks makes the best hot chocolate.  Cute packaging too!
Starbucks


Great spin on the Advent Calender.  Filled with chocolates and other sweet surprises.
Starbucks


Corkcicle
 I love this invention.  You just place this corkcicle in the freezer and then it is ready to keep your opened bottle of wine chilled.  I bought a few of these last Christmas and gave them as gifts.  Everybody loved them.
 Thanks for reminding me, Dude! 
  Bed, Bath& Beyond


Along with the corkcicle, I include a bottle of my favorite wine.
Benziger Winery




If I am asked to bring an appetizer, I always bring my favorite easy go-to hors d'oeuvre.  It is a dip made with this raspberry salsa and four other ingredients (recipe on the jar).  I buy a pretty baking dish and leave it with the hostess as a gift.  It is a hit every time.
Thanks, Miss Martha for introducing me to it 10 years ago!

Robert Rothschild
  
Put on your party hats and have fun! 

 
 
 
.
Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

2 comments:

  1. Great gift ideas. I love those ginger snaps and need to go get some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great ideas! I just got Smitten kitchen and so far like what I see and have a few recipes in mind to try, think a book is a great gift always:)

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts