Katie's Best Sellers

Friday, September 18, 2026

The Friday Files








The inmates have officially taken over the asylum. 
And it's as much fun as ten little monkeys jumping on the bed!  I am putting this on quickly because the Mister and I are the captains of Lucy's ship this morning while her Mama and Dada are headed to the doctor for a weekly check-in.

I don't have time to proofread, so if you find more typos or bad links than usual, I apologize.  










This gorgeous Tudor was the 2025 Hartford Designer Showhouse.  To see more, click here. 










Take a look at this dreamy 1881 Northshore waterfront home is a reconfiguration of the original design.  SV Design handled both the architecture and the interior design.
To see more of this gorgeous home, click here.




This writer moved to Mexico.  Did she like it?  Find out here.






And to think, it all began with a cup of tea.
Read this inspiring this woman's inspirational story.






Here is the answer to this age-old question.






This is Alice Walton, one of the richest women in the world.

While you are checking it out, I'm running to Ancestry.com to see if I'm related to her.




A travel expert spills the beans (pun intended) on where he had the best meal of his life.







Here's the mystery behind Charles Spencer's new book. 
To purchase a copy, click here.




Britbox 9/15

ABC 9/15


9/16
Bravo/Peacock


Trailer
9/16 Prime


9/16 Apple



Trailer
9/17 HBO MAX

The Mister loves this guy; me, not so much.


9/17 NBC


9/17 Netflix


9/18 STARZ


9/18 Paramount+

9/20 PBS

9/21 NBC


9/21 Paramount+

Trailer
9/21 NBC

This looks so good! 

9/22 Fox


9/22 Fox


9/22 Apple

I'm not so sure about this one.










Cashmere/Lots of colors





NR
Cashmere/ lots of colors






More colors/ Petites too.


LE
More colors/ Petites too.


LE
I have this in every color.
It's a great weight - it's doesn't bunch under a jacket.
Petites too.




LE
Petite too.


Talbots has a 25% off entire purchase promo





Talbots
More colors/ Petites too


Talbots
* pooch not included


Talbots
Corduroy pull-on
More colors/ Petites too



Chico's is also having a 25% off entire site promo


Other colors & petite sizes









Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

23 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the links - they'll keep me entertained for hours. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too, Tanya! I loved your Ireland pics. I will pop over to check out your recs!

      Delete
  2. Have you and the Mister watched "The Gentlemen" on Netflix? I usually avoid violent films & TV but it is so good. I can't stop thinking about it. And Theo James is very handsome. I did not recognize him but he was the Turkish gentleman who expired in Lady Mary's bed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katherine! Yes, we have watched The Gentlemen. The Mister watches it for the suspense & I watch it for the handsome lead!! I did not realize he was on Downton. Now I’m off to research that episode. Have a great week!!

      Delete
  3. Those baby dolls on the lamps remind me when our oldest grandson (now 18) was in charge of hiding plastic Easter eggs inside our house one rainy Easter. We were still finding Easter eggs years later (no joke). The last one was on the window ledge behind the sofa in the sunroom. You couldn’t see it because of the back of the sofa. We found it when we decided to paint 🤣. Also on the top of door hinges and inside lamps. Ahh to have those days back … enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a sweet memory to come across years later!! Well done to your grandson! I hear the CIA is looking for a few good men!!

      Delete
  4. I have had the good fortune of eating some of Magpie's pies and they are divine. She also writes a charming weekly newsletter during the season. If you ever in the area, go early and be prepared to gorge on the best pie (and crust) you have ever put in your mouth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pack your bags, Mister, we’re headed to the Catskills! He would drive anywhere for a piece of delicious pie!! Thanks for the tip!!

      Delete
  5. Anonymous

    Just a reminder to update your list of inspirations to include your new son-in-law. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg!! Thank you! The good news is he doesnt read my blog. The bad news is I hope you’re not his Mom!!

      Delete
  6. We had our three year old grandson today The last man standing. The other nine are in scalloped day now. How did that happen. We took him to Walmart. We question our decisions. Then we took him down the toy aisle. Again. Why did we do that. Grampa. Back up. Grampa. Back up. We got away cheaply with a dollar light up Halloween ball. Yay. Great day. Great little boy. Such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My name is Arlene lach. Don’t mean to post as anonymous

      Delete
    2. And they are not scalloped. They are in school. I adore spellcheck. It does this to me so everyone can make fun of me later

      Delete
    3. Arlene… you are my sister from another mother!! I can identify with your itinerary of the day! I tell the Mister on a daily basis that spellcheck is out to get me! Thanks for the chuckle!

      Delete
  7. My grandkids are grown….i want a do over. I want to hide dolls on my lampshades. Hats off!! Great idea🩷🩷🩷. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl!! We had so much fun and now I have no one to play with!! The Mister is not nearly as much fun. Have a great Sunday!

      Delete
  8. Oh Katie I can only imagine a week of Miss Lucy running circles around you, The Mister and Millie! What crazy, wonderful, what just happened to our well ordered lives, memories in the making! Looking forward to all the reactions from Lady Di's brother's book! But first I need to read/listen to many of your book recommendations from Tuesday's post! Give Lucy xoxo's KTG🩷

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KTG!! I owe you a visit to your fabulous blog!! Tomorrow is catch-up day!!!

      Delete
  9. You ladies are too much fun. I loved her Summer recaps. I commented and it came up as ‘Guest.’ Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ordered my copy still waiting!Maybe TODAY it will arrive.I totally believe the brother.He was so angry at the funeral.The only thing is it will hurt her SONS the most!!That would be a very hard comment to keep for 30 years.
    The couple in England are a true lift to my spirits!The couple that just moved back well that is out for debate!!!By the way I’ve got inside scoop on that as I know peeps in Montecito!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Contessa... I am honored by your presence. I am not surprised you have the scoop. Are you going tell-all on your blog? Save me a seat!

      Delete
  11. I'm pretty sure that princess Di's brother has a good idea that she was murdered...there's a good reason that many British royals make it on the list "the psychopaths who rule the world"

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts