I hope that all is well in your world.
We got some much-needed rain over the weekend, so we did some reading and catching up on our TV watchlist.
You know what is good about being retired? You can go to see a movie on a weekday. On Friday, we went out for a nice lunch and hit the theater to see Verity.
You know what I never saw coming? The Mister liked it more than I did. I think the reason is that I read the book, so I expected all the twists and turns. I think it is worth a watch when it comes on Netflix.
Today, I am off to see my favorite cheaters on the pickleball court.
So here is my beauty list, which covers about six months. Most of the products were bought through deals on GMA, The View, 21 Days of Beauty, or gifts. Three of the products were complimentary from the brand.
I linked all the products that were available on Amazon, just in case they are included in today's Prime Day deals.

These work just as well as Beauty Blender for a lot less moolah.
This may not be a product problem.
It could be the user's fault.
It wouldn't be the first time.
My #1 gave me this Rhode Glazing Milk, which I love.
I use it after I wash my face and let it absorb.
It's a great makeup base.
Another gift from #1. This is an alternative to Vitamin C and fades age spots. I switch between it and Vitamin C every other day.
I also use it for my age spots on my hands.
Budget Derm on Insta recommended this eye cream. It softens my wrinkles laugh lines and is a great base for concealer.
After making a good impression with the eye cream, I was equally impressed with the serum.
I finished my second bottle of single-serving serum a few months ago. These make my skin so soft. Now I'm on the hunt for a sale.
These are great for travel.
Another rec from the Budget Derm.
I use this morning and night
My superhero brightens up my raccoon eyes if I didn't get enough sleep. All you need is a tiny dab to brighten the eyes.
I still use this to shape my brows and this to fill in the bare spots. Growing old ain't for sissies.
I love elf brushes.
They are very reasonable.
This is a very rich hydrator!
I use this in the colder months when I need it the most.
U Beauty sent me complimentary products.
This is another rich cream for the neck.
It feels soooo good when you put it on.
My skin did not like this product as much as the other two.
This has an SPF of 50+ and is why I tried it.
The one I was using was an SPF of 20.
It has a creamy consistency and absorbs quickly.
I tried the "grip" version of this primer and was not impressed.
It was way too sticky.
This is their new primer, which feels more like a moisturizer.
I still use this over it on my nose and forehead before makeup.
This is the new and improved version of this dry shampoo that I use and like a lot.
Who knew that as you age you look like you are stoned all the time?
This is my first step in my makeup routine.
My second step in cleansing.
Not for me.
I used this for a while, but I didn't feel it did much for my skin.
However, I gave it to the Mister, and he likes it.
The Mister has turned into quite the metrosexual since he retired!
I switch back and forth between Clarins and Night Repair depending on where I can get a better deal.
Another recommendation from Budget Derm. It has the consistency of water, which I'm not crazy about, but it absorbs quickly.
Note: there are two strengths. If you have sensitive skin, try the 10% version.
This is always a sure hit in my book.
Even Mister Metrosexual uses it!
It gives me natural-looking color on my no-makeup days.
Armani bronzer
This was a gift from #1, and I use it almost every day. I have fair skin, and it is very natural-looking. It is huge, and it will probably outlive me!
I started using this a couple of years ago and love it.
I can almost hear my old, dry skin slurp it up.
It's a good bang for your buck too.
I used this about 4 times a week for 6 weeks, and I wish I could tell you that I look younger than Springtime, but I'm afraid not.
I am not sure that this has improved my skin, but I must say I really like using it and it feels like it's doing something.
Other Beauty Hits & Misses can be found here and here.
No comments:
Post a Comment