Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Wednesday Whine Fest & Medley

    Hello, dear friends.  How is your week going?  Mine has been busy. 

Can you believe that I spent yesterday morning at the Vet's office?  The guy probably thinks I have a crush on him.  



I was there with Chowdah this time.  For the past week, Chow has decided to tinkle during the night. At first, I thought it was his way of getting back at me for giving so much attention to Chili.  



If you're new here, my 8-year-old diva of a Maltipoo decided to take up a new hobby called swallowing socks.  Two weeks and $4500 later, Chili is on the mend.

The Vet took a urine sample and persuaded me to have a blood panel done.  Pretty soon we're going to have to take a second mortgage on the house.

Last night my new best friend, the Vet called to tell me that Chowdah's blood and urine tests look great.  He then suggested that the problem may be behavioral.

Just shoot me.

*****

Today I am linking up with my friend, Terri who comes up with the thoughtful questions for Wednesday Medley.



1. This week is County Fair Week in my old stomping grounds.  The Fairfield County (Ohio) Fair holds fond memories for me, especially of the marching band show on the race track, in front of the grandstand, and of 4-H sewing projects.  Do you have a memory to share of a county or state fair!! 




When I was a child, I have a vague recollection of my Dad taking Sista and me to the Danbury State Fair.  I think that he only took us once because Sista was such a handful.  Thank the Lord they had me.

The Mister loves state fairs and took the girls several times to the Texas State Fair.  He lives for fried fair food.  
He'd eat a chair leg if it were fried. 



2. If animals could talk, which would be the rudest?


The rudest has got to be this proboscis monkey.  

Look at this guy. 

If you cut him in line, he would probably eat you for breakfast and spit you out for lunch. 




3. What mythical creature would improve the world most if it existed?






This wolpertinger has my vote for obvious reasons.


4. What is something that everyone looks stupid doing?


Taking selfies.



5. Is intelligence or wisdom more useful?


I'd take an extra helping of both if I could get some.



6. Tell us something random about the rest of your week!



I am looking forward to attending a Coffee With the Authors on Thursday morning.


My thoughts and prayers are with all of my friends that are in the path of Hurricane Michael. 


Until next time...



It looks like this guy prefers brushes over socks.

Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

18 comments:

  1. Oh my, I hope your doggie troubles are over! We also have a mythical creature up here called the jackalope. It is similar to the one you showed. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness, I do hope your pups are all on the mend. Good thing they're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it is good your girls are grown and on their on as those pups can be as expensive as children:) Praying for all those in Florida this morning. It is a scary storm for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those pups! Yes, our Daisy Mae never tinkled in-house until we moved into the new one, now she has had 3 “accidents” like oh you guys, uprooting my lifelong home. Chow is jealous of all the nursing for Chili! This too shall pass! Have fun at the coffee tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your dog family members will be back to normal soon. If it's any consolation to you, cats are much more trouble. They can get anywhere and pee anywhere. I almost stepped in a hairball this morning when I came downstairs. The only saving grace is that she didn't cough up that hairball an hour earlier when she'd been in our room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Chow. And poor you! I don't suppose your vet insurance covers hiring an animal behaviorist. No, I know that is not very funny. ☹️ Sorry my favorite fur pals are having all these issues!! Have a wonderful day nevertheless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those little characters of yours...always up to something! These hurricanes are crazy! Enjoy the rest of your week!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chowdah! Love these stories! My middle child went to the Minnesota state fair and talked about the bucket of chocolate chip cookies! There are videos about these cookies. I am off with youngest child to NYC on Sunday (rain in forecast)!Happy Hump Day! laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. My diva queen becomes particularly vindictive when she sees luggage....then she strikes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, your fur babies are truly misbehaving! Hopefully they'll behave for the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to hear about your latest coffee with authors morning. Ugh to the behavioral dog issues. When I met Michael he had a cat. After I moved in and right before our wedding, the cat started urinating on the leather couch (mine). After taking her to the vet, we figured out it was "behavioral." I guess she didn't want another lady in the house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tis true. I had my clothes sprayed by my ex-fiance's cats. That's why he's my ex!

      Delete
  12. What we do for our fur babies! How can we not, right? Now that is one UGLY monkey...lol! You always make me laugh, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had to laugh out loud at your choice for the rudest animal! Thank you for joining in and for the giggles!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tell your mister that I consumed so much at the state fair last week, he can rest assured the food is still great! Fletcher's, cinnamon roll, Texas Twisters, and more!

    Dogs and Visa cards go together! Yes? :)

    Selfie taker crack me up! The one or two times I've tried, it didn't even work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hopefully, your fur babies are on the mend before bankruptcy occurs. The hurricanes are so scary. The photos from the Panhandle look like a war zone. Prayers

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ok you now have me thinking and on the lookout for mythical creatures that would elevate humanity.... I do think the common baboon could be the most rude animal - particularly on safari haha! I do feel for you regarding the pet behaviour - they are complex little divas, aren't they? I fear next time I got to the vet I may have a confrontation - our perfectly fit with a dusting of chub Springer has been sentenced to lose weight and my husband got a telling off. Love this post - you really have the best humour and I love reading your posts - pip pip - Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Our female dog was tinkling in the house too. It was making me nuts, especially because the vet could offer no reason. I researched & discovered that it's not uncommon for spayed dogs to have this problem. This was shared with the vet & now our dog is on hormone tablets. Twice a day/every 12 hrs. IT WORKED! NO more tinkling.

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts