Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Saturday, October 20, 2018

Saturday 9/Sweet City Woman


Hello, dear friends.  How is your weekend going so far?  I found that I have a little extra time on my hands, so I decided to link up with Sam over at Saturday 9.  The theme of the day is the song Sweet City Woman which was released in 1971.  

If you are too young to remember 1971 clearly or not at all, my condolences. 

It must be tough being so young.



1) The lyrics tell us the singer is on his way to catch a train and he really wants to be on time. When is the last time you were late for something?


I'm one of those people who hates to be late for anything.  Usually, I leave hours in advance to avoid it.  Ask my family. When I am running late, it's most likely because of the frustrating Boston traffic.



2) He sings he's on his way to meet a woman known for her macaroons. What's your favorite cookie?



The Cooking Actress

I never met a cookie that I didn't like.  If I had to choose, it would be Panera's Everything But The Kitchen Sink cookie, which is a combo of sweet and salty.  Here is the knockoff recipe.



3) His girlfriend's face is so pretty she lights up the city night. How many lights are in the room you're in? How many are switched on?


Right now, it's 6:04AM and I have three lights on.  
Side note:  All my lights are on dimmers because they make me look ten years younger.
At least I think so. 



4) This is the rare top 40 tune that prominently features a banjo. Sam has always been crazy about the sound of a banjo. What sound makes you smile? (It doesn't have to be a musical instrument. Think bacon sizzling, church bells, etc.)


I know this sounds corny, but the best sound in the world to me is hearing my two girls laugh together. I don't even care if I am the butt of their joke, which is usually the case.



5) 47 years after their record was a hit, The Stampeders still tour every summer, playing festivals across the US and their native Canada. Do you enjoy live music under the stars? Or would you prefer to be seated in a theater?

freepik

I'm more of a theater girl, myself.
If you're wondering if that's a pic of me, it is.  
In my dreams


6) In 1971, when this song was popular on the radio, detective shows were popular on TV. Mannix, Ironside, and Cannon were all in the Top 20. Who is your favorite TV detective?


The first one that popped into my mind is the late handsome Robert Urich in Spenser For Hire.  

If you don't remember it, I won't hold it against you.


7) Also in 1971, the Post Office Department was disbanded as a Cabinet department and became The United States Postal Service. When did you last go to the post office? Were you mailing something? Buying stamps? Picking up a package? Renewing your passport? 


I visit our local Post Office five to six days a week because mail service is not available on my street. Also, the Mister likes to look at the mail every day.  If it were up to me, I would only make a pick-up on Fridays because that is the day my People magazine arrives. 


8) Race car legend Jeff Gordon was born in 1971. Do you watch NASCAR?


No, I can honestly say that I have never watched NASCAR.
Although after seeing this pic, I may reconsider.
I wonder how many times he would ask his wife to go to the Post Office.


9) Random question -- Do you have a vaccination scar? If so, where is it?

Ballinger Athletic Performance


I used to have a scar on my arm.  It isn't noticeable these days due to an increase in fat muscle.

If you're wondering if that is my arm, it is not.
Mine has the Burger King logo.


Until next time...




Punchy the Great
Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

22 comments:

  1. As a good Canadian girl, I am well acquainted with the Stampeders' Sweet City Woman. Now it's in my head. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the photos you included--your dogs are adorable! (As are your daughters)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Sat. 9! We try to choose a song from a different decade each week.

    Loved your answers. And I love Spenser, too. (You get bonus points -- worth absolutely nothing -- for spelling Spenser with an "S," like the English poet, as our favorite Bostonian PI liked to remind us.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your answers. Girl, you crack me up! You've given me reason to have my husband install dimmer switches throughout the house...especially in the bathroom where that pesky old woman always gets between me and the mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Katie! You crack me up! I am so glad you played with us today! Those cookies look fantastic. My mouth started watering when I saw them! hahahaha
    Your home is beautiful! Loved your answers! Have a super weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love hearing my kids laugh together, even if the joke's on me! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you ...my sons laughing together is the best. Great post...you made me laugh and I needed it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fun post and it looks like a fun link up. Couldn't find anywhere to follow her to remember the party though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another nut case. Yip Yip Hurray! I love your answers. By the way, I only lust after Kitchens, and yours is MINE! Gimmie! lol Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your posts are always so fun and I giggled all the way through this one! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun idea for questions! I do remember the song and Spenser for Hire.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed your answers a lot.. agree wholeheartedly on Robert Urich and Spenser.
    Then at the end of your post I fell in love with Punchy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now, this is a fun collaboration. I love music, any decade, and being put to random thoughts and photos, fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such fun Katie! I am always 5 minutes late to everything, even setting my clocks 5 minutes fast doesn't help! Naturally I went straight to the cookie recipe :) Post Office everyday??? I barely manage to visit my mailbox every few days, I would never get the mail if I had to drive to the post office!! Have a great week,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Occasionally I hear Sweet City Woman on the Sirius 70's channel or the 70's music TV channel.
    Whatever happened to Robert Urich???
    I signed up for the USPS mail preview feature where every morning I receive an email with photos of my mail that will be delivered that day - I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL- You and I are a lot alike, my friend. LOL I love all your answers. The joke in our family is that I will be early for my own funeral...(my hubby will be late for his)...xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your answers were a lot of fun and I really enjoyed them. Hope you stick with us at Saturday 9 - we're a nice group (usually! ha!).

    ReplyDelete
  18. You made me laugh out loud today!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have two T-shirts that say "Always Running Late", but the joke is I am always early. Hmmmm, wondering if that is actually a joke or am I just a little crazy?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope you make this a regular post. I really missed the Wednesday fun you used to provide. :-)
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  21. I definitely remember the song and I love your answers! Being on time is a must for me, I can’t stand tardiness!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I guess I have to own up to remembering the song and now its in my head too! Cute pic of the girls and pups. I love hearing all of my family laugh, especially now my grandson. Guess my favorite deceive if I had one was Magnum, I thought he was quite handsome:) Going to the post office is a nightmare here, any of them. Always a long line so I avoid them if at all possible. Cute post Katie.........

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts