Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Monday, October 15, 2018

Coffee With The Authors


Hello, dear friends.  Happy Monday.  Did you have a good weekend?  Ours was quiet but nice.
Today I'm off to do some shopping and meet some friends for lunch.  



On a cloudy, damp Thursday, my friend Kathy and I headed to beautiful Cohasset for a Coffee With The Authors hosted by Buttonwood Books & Toys.




It may have been dreary outside, but it was nothing but warm sunshine inside seeing all the smiling faces.

On the left is my friend, Kathy who owns the store and Gwendolyn, one of the several fabulous sales associates.  



I was delighted to meet Paula Munier, the author of A Borrowing of Bones.  


I had just finished her wonderful novel.
You can find my review here.
Spoiler alert:  I loved it!



Paula is not only a writer, but she is also a literary agent.
Paula's vision for her heartwarming story was derived from the hero working dogs that she met through MissionK9Rescue.  One of the darling characters in A Borrowing of Bones was inspired by her own Newfoundland retriever mix rescue, Bear.



Keith O'Brien is the author of Fly Girls.  Keith began by telling us that he has a fear of flying.  He caught my attention right away. 



Keith's book, Fly Girls, chronicles the stories of five women who fought to compete against men in the high-stakes national of the 1920's and 1930's and won.  Keith told fascinating stories about the brave women.



The one thing that I enjoy about these breakfasts and suppers is that Kathy has one of her sales associates introduce the authors. This is Sara who has been with the store the longest.  She reads my blog, so naturally, I'm giving her a shout out. She introduced the last author.



This is Kerri Maher, author of The Kennedy Debutante.  If you have read my blog for a while, you know that I am a self-confessed Kennedyphile.  I have been waiting for this book to come out and it is my next book on my audible list.



The Kennedy Debutante is a historical fiction account of the life of Kick Kennedy, the rebellious, fun-loving daughter of Rose and Joe Kennedy.  Kerri spoke of the research involved and also read an excerpt from her book.

If you ever find yourself on the South Shore, please make sure to pop into Buttonwood!  Not only do they have a fabulous selection of books, but also lovely home and fashion accessories.  Oh, and if you are a grandparent they have a great selection of toys, too. 


Until next time...





Chili likes to give me the stink-eye.

Linking up with:
Amaze Me Monday
Inspire Me Monday
Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

13 comments:

  1. Those pups are adorable in the festive scarves. Always love a good book review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You take the most interesting and fun outings. Thank you for exposing me to a life and part of the country I will never actually experience except through you. These are all such appealing books and will be added to my ever growing list. Sounds like you have another fun day ahead and I trust it will only be the first of a good week for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun - and they sound like great books. I am always looking for more to add to my list. Love the look Chili is giving. Such a character!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another Kennedy fanatic here. I just find that family very interesting. Looking forward to reading this one about Kick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always looking for good books to read. Thank you for the suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad it was a success and LOVE seeing my favorite pups enjoying FALL!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice! I love to read, will have to jot down these titles and check them out! But first to get caught up with the 3 I'm currently reading, lol. Have a great week!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a good mystery series, so I'll be reading A Borrowing of Bones. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such fun and great reviews, but those darling dogs steal the show in my estimation. Happy everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting book reviews and what a great book store!! All the small book stores went out of business here in Lakeland, when BAM came to town. Even Barnes & Nobel closed up. I'm sure Amazon had a hand in it too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the Kennedy book sounds good and would be my first choice. I'm embarrassed to say I've never heard of Kick Kennedy, but love the name.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful post. love reading about great books to read. What a pleasure to meet some authors. I love mysteries. Your sweet dogs look so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all your author socials . . . and book recommendations . . . wish we had something like that around here for this book-aholic.

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts