1. Describe love using all five senses.
I think that love smells and tastes like the Mister's beef stew as it simmers quietly on a cold, snowy day. What can I say? Food is love.
2. February is Canned Food Month. What's your favorite food that comes straight from the can?
I don't eat a lot of food out of a can. Every once in awhile, I enjoy stewed tomatoes with a stick of butter, dash of salt, and some croutons.
3. A principal in a UK school recently sent home a letter to parents (the parents!) dress appropriately when escorting their children to/from school (basically saying please don't wear your pajamas) You can read the letter here It's gotten a lot of publicity, both positive and negative. Your thoughts? And do/did you ever make the school run (or hit Starbucks, Walmart, etc.) in your pjs.
I might have been guilty of driving my girls to school once or twice in my jammies, but I never stopped anywhere.
Then again, after seeing these two fashion plates, I may change my position on wearing jams in public.
4.Crew neck, v-neck, turtleneck, scoop neck... which is most prevalent in your wardrobe?
This turtleneck is a total game changer for this lovely chef.
I have more turtlenecks in my closet than any other type of shirt. I love turtlenecks because they camouflage a multitude of sins. The almighty turtleneck covers my triple chin and crepey neck. I wish I could wear them all year long.
5. I read here recently a list of four things to avoid so you wake up happier. They were late night snacks, hitting the snooze button, social media just before bed/upon waking, checking emails.
Are you guilty of any of these behaviors? Which on that list do you need to work harder at avoiding?
This is such a timely question. I have had the worst time sleeping the last couple of weeks. The Mister "suggested" I put the phone away before I go to bed. The problem is I use my phone to change the channel and then before I know it, I am scrolling through Instagram. I'm going to experiment tonight. I am going to turn in the phone for the clicker. If it works, mum's the word to the Mister. He revels in being right.
6. Share something you remember about a house you lived in as a child. Of all the homes you lived in as a child, which did you love best?
I grew up in this house. My parents lived in this home for forty years. I have a lot of great memories of the old homestead - everything from leaving for my first day of kindergarten to getting dressed on my wedding day.
Rushing to the church with Sista and hoping that we don't have a runaway groom on our hands.
7. Your favorite movie based on a true story?
I positively loved The Blind Side. And that also happens to be the last time that I watched football.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I spend a lot of my valuable trophy wife time on the computer writing the blog, pinning until my fingertips burn, stalking Facebook, commenting on other blogs, and scrolling through Instagram, which brings me to my newfound addiction.
I can't get enough of them. These are two of the thousands of doodles that I follow. I need help. Does anybody know of a support group for this kind of thing?
I'm willing to check myself into rehab for my addiction, provided they have wine and cable.
What's your favorite movie based on a true story?