Shop Amazon

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A Guest Post by Dude




Dude & Katie
about 5 years ago


I have had an annoying cough that had been hanging on for weeks. I saw a doctor who said it was a virus which has to run it's course. 

While on the phone with Katie the other day she noticed the cough ...At which point she said, " hey Dude, I can tell you how to get rid of that cough....before you go to bed, rub some Vick's Vaporub on the bottom of your feet , then sleep with your socks on." 


not my real feet

....SILENCE on my  end of the phone....I didn't want to say anything right away because I knew  the joke was on me....then I finally responded, " Am I on candid camera??? Am I about to be Punked??" Katie Clooney MD, said, "no, trust me it works....Google  it...." So I Googled it....there was internet buzz (pro and con) for this remedy. 

I decided to follow Katie's advice and I'm happy to report that it worked!!! No more cough!! 








Thanks for the endorsement, Dude.  My bill is in the mail.  By the way, I have since changed my profile picture on Facebook to this.


Dr. Katie at work.


Stay healthy everybody!


Doctor













Katie Clooney
Katie Clooney

I'm Katie. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am an empty nester meandering through my middle-aged years while entangled in the never-ending process of renovating an antique home on the South Shore of Massachusetts. I love to write about books, movies, TV, celebrities, decorating, and weekend adventures. My favorite writing material is derived from my family: the Mister, my girls, #1 and #2, and my two untrainable, rambunctious pups, Chowdah and Chili.

9 comments:

  1. My, Dr. Katie, how you have changed. No coughs for me yet this winter, but I will remember this little trick if I get one. Silly me, I always rubbed it on my chest :)

    xo
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read that on someone's blog before the holidays. My youngest had the worst cough/ cold...so we gave it a try. Worked like a charm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. Katie,
    You can now say you have a branch office in the Rio Grande Valley in South Texas.
    I rub Vicks everywhere while putting Mentholatum in my nose.
    That's too much information, isn't it?

    Glad you're better,
    Laura
    WSP

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard of that old wives tale.. wow, it works!! She is so funny!! Glad you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard that myself - so it really works. I will try it! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crazy how some old wives tales work. I have heard this before but never tried it. I definetly will next time. Glad you are better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for a well written, easy to understand article on this. It can get really confusing when trying to explain it – but you did a great job. Thank you!Bulk SMS Service Provider in ORISSA

    ReplyDelete
  8. That made me smile! My grandmother believed in Vicks as a fix-it-all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard about this feet and sock thing but never knew anyone who had tried it. My mom and grandmother were big believers in Vicks. I hate the gooey stickiness of it but it does the trick! Glad that Dude is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

Home and Garden

Recent Posts


Best Sellers