Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Movie Review Times Two


The second movie that I chose last weekend was Jobs. I asked my #2 to do a review.  We tried not to talk about the movie so we would not influence each other's opinion.  

The following is my review.



Jobs is the biopic of Steve Jobs, the visionary Apple founder.  The film began telling his story in his early years, when he dropped out of the college, and reenacted his next 27 years. 


If you would like spending 2 hours watching a movie screen featuring a self-obsessed, arrogant  bully whose only redeeming quality is that he is a marketing "genius," then this is the movie for you.  By the end of the film, I was so disgusted with Steve Jobs' lack of character and amoral behavior, I almost gave the film a standing ovation for the mere reason that I didn't have to watch it any more.  





I thought Ashton Kutcher did a great job portraying Steve Jobs.  As a matter of fact, he gave such a wonderful performance that I started to dislike Ashton.  His next film better be a romantic comedy featuring  him as a nice guy or I'm going to join Demi in her corner.

I have a recommendation for you concerning this film.  Stay home and watch it on TV if there is nothing else on.  

*****
And now, a review by my #2.



Jobs, starring none other than Demi’s ex, Ashton, just came out this weekend. Let me start off, I love Ashton Kutcher, I think he’s clever and funny, especially ever since “That 70s Show” – the “Flying Nun” of my generation. While I adore him, I never thought him and Emmy-winning actor, but his commitment to becoming Job’s was clear on the screen.

The walk, one of Jobs’ trademarks, was recreated by Ashton, perfectly. The movie told the story that was hidden as a result of his power and success.

I think the movie was more …educational… than anything. I was appalled by Job’s self-serving attitude. He was greedy, pretentious, and selfish. His friends spent the movie telling him how he’s changed, and, come to find out in the end, he has. Job’s pride and arrogance were the two stars of the film. Unfortunately for Jobs, he was not portrayed in the best light.




Although the film was made posthumous, I would be interested in knowing Jobs’ opinion. The only thing the movie did was make me more in love with SteveWozniak, the other founder of Apple.


Hope only nice people cross your path today.





Steve Wozniak


Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

9 comments:

  1. Bummer! I really wanted to see this movie but not if it is going to be a miserable experience! Did either of you read the Jobs biography by Walter Isaacson? I'd be curious to know how you would compare the book and movie. Anyway, I agree with #2, have always had a soft spot in my heart for Steve Wozniak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great review. It has reinforced my opinion of him and I won't waste my time watching it now. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Katie, I'll save myself a few dollars.. (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm, thanks, think I can definitely skip this one. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to go out on a limb and be honest. I never did like the person Steve Jobs was and I can't say much for Ashton. I agree. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny I spoke about it too today. I did not like him at all when i saw the movie, was actually really taken aback by his lack of character and virtually no moral compass, it was almost chilling. But yes he was a visionaire though I still am not convinced it was "his" idea just his genius marking and narcissism at its finest. What I did love is Blue Jasmine, did you see it? you must, it was fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't have much interest in seeing this movie, but I may just see it to check out what a meanie Jobs was....also, #2 is very intelligent and writes beautifully. I love the mother/daughter perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Steve Wozniak dated Kathy Griffin for a while, so he must be cool!

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts