Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Saturday, August 17, 2013

A College Girl's Must Haves



This is a guest post written by none other than my #1 girl.  As always, I reserve the right for commentary.



1. Kendra Scott Danielle Earrings in Turquoise
These Kendra Scott earrings look great with anything and can easily be dressed up or down.  College gals should definitely consider buying a pair in their school color because they look great with game day outfits!


***

2. Monogram Necklace
I didn't provide a link for this because I found this necklace on Pinterest.  These necklaces can be found anywhere from a neighborhood jeweler to Etsy.  They are preppy, adorable, and can definitely dress up an XL sorority tee!


***

3. MZ Wallace Large Metro Tote in Kingsport Grey
I think every college girl should invest in a great weekend bag.  Although this bag is technically a tote, it is big enough for a 2-3 day trip.  I have gone on quite a few college weekend trips and this bag has always come in handy! Plus, it's just really adorable.

Can you carry your school books in it?


***
4. MONEY
No link provided on this one... Let me know if you find a good link for free money, please! College students are always in need of this! (****hint hint, mom)

I get a phone call with a "hint" tucked away in it every other day...


***

5. Madewell Transport Tote in English Saddle
My sister has this big bag and I need it (watch out #2...) It is the perfect size, made of great material and can be monogrammed! This bag is a great size for not only carrying books but also as a carry-on bag!

Attention #2 - if I were you, I would hide that bag in a very good place til you-know-who goes back to school!


***

6. Tory Burch Cosmetic Bag
Keeping your make-up all in one place seems to be a huge issue for me especially when I lived in an all-girls dorm and then the sorority house.  I love Tory Burch's cosmetic bags because they always seem to be the perfect size and she makes really great patterned ones so you don't confuse your essentials with your roommates!

Or your sister's!


***

7. Rainbow Leather Sandals
These leather sandals are so comfortable and great for walking to class.  They can seriously withstand anything!! (With the exception of an outdoor fraternity party where a pair of mine disappeared...into a mud pit)

There are reasons we have a "don't ask don't tell" policy in our family.


***
8. Nike Tempo Shorts
I love these shorts because of the colors but mostly because the elastic waistband seems to have no limit! (Self tested this theory after freshman 30 15)

It's amazing how many calories are in a margarita!

***
9. JCrew Phone Charger
I swear the battery life on my phone is about 2 hours. Yes, I am using my phone nonstop for that 2 hours, I will definitely give you that.  I think every college student should buy a rechargeable phone battery for emergency situations (when your phone dies in the middle of a 3 hour lecture class...)

Are you insinuating you are on your phone during class?


*****

Thank you, #1, for a great post.  Hope your school books are some of your "must haves" because school starts on Monday!!


Have a great weekend!




Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

10 comments:

  1. Love it! The quilted tote caught my eye...one can never have too many totes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this from past experience - they cost A LOT OF MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this blog post! It's nice to see what young girls need in college these days, and to see the need of money never changes.....lol

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  4. Own, 1 and 2, want 5 and cannot live without 4! Love the list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The price of anything Tory Burch is just plain crazy, but go for it if you can. Our daughter bout drained the life out of us in the college days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this. So glad me daughters are now grown and out of college, grad school...... xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI KATIE!!! I love this list, but I sure can't provide a link for the chunk 'o change....wish I COULD!!!!!

    My oh my, school is coming! And I'm a teacher and my meetings begin tomorrow! I look forward to this year as it will be my first teaching high school and middle school level French. I taught for 10 years in a French immersion elementary school, so I look forward to a much different population!

    The air is brisk and I love this time of year. THANK YOU for visiting today and yes, so far, all is well! HUGS, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a list! What they need these days is a whole lot different from what we needed "back then"! Glad Kate is starting her last year! (I know she'd love every one of those things)!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  9. That leather tote is gorgeous! Might have to put that on my wish list! Happy start of the school year to #1 and #2 girls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list and personal notes :) I *need* that leather tote and a little extra money inside would be a nice bonus surprise!

    Jo

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts