Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Post Mothers Day

Hope everyone had a wonderful Mothers Day weekend.  We met Little Debbie and her Mister on Friday evening and enjoyed a wonderful dinner.
Saturday, I was in charge of the plan because it was "my"  weekend.  So to the Mister's dismay, I chose bargain shopping.  Blog to come.  
Later #2 came home and the Mister made a delicious dinner.  She gave me a fabulous book that I have wanted since it came out.


with the inscription...


   
and my sweet #2 sent me these


with this darling card


So life was good in Clooneyville.

Sunday, #1, the Mister, and I headed off to Mass.  For some reason, when #1 walked through the doors, the statues began to shake.  I asked #1 if it had been awhile since she has crossed the threshold of a church.  She said - no, the statues were just happy to see her.  Then I noticed the crossed fingers behind her back.

We went out for lunch and then went to see this guy.




which I positively loved, but made me feel guilty about cheating on this guy.




In any case, I had a wonderful Mothers Day but it would have been perfect if #2 had been home nestled in our nest too.


Have a wonderful Monday!







Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

7 comments:

  1. Lots of Mother's Day love to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect weekend. We loved the movie, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A number of search engine optimization services are working for me and repeat
    the process with each article. There are many
    examples of profitable blogs and web sites on the
    Inc.

    Here is my web-site :: affordable engine ranking search

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was an orphan this week-end with the hub visiting his mom in Indiana, and our kids were far away. So, another orphan and I saw "Gatsby". It's the first time I've seen 3-D since I was a little girl. Loved it, but it made me want to to see the Robert Redford version again. I love Leo, and to me, the money shot was at the end when they showed him full-on in the swimming suit right before (sniff, sniff) he was shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see the Great Gatsby (and don't worry about cheating on Robert:) I've got the cookbook and I like the other one more.. I'm probably not in the norm here.. just say-in. Glad you had a great weekend Katie!

    xxleslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how you feel! Robert Redford was a much better, more dignified Gatsby than Leo, in my opinion. But I loved the movie nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a perfect Mother's Day! Love your sense of humor! Thanks for stopping by, Katie!

    ReplyDelete

J. Crew

Recent Posts