Shop Amazon

Monday, April 1, 2013

Flower Power


Hope everyone had a great Easter weekend.  #1 came home Saturday evening and we went to one of our favorite restaurants in town, Cavalli's.  It was even nice enough to eat al fresco.
Later that evening, we had wicked overnight "funder whitening" storms as my girls used to call them.  Sunday we enjoyed a delicious lunch at Capital Grille in Dallas before our girl headed back to school to study.  At least that's what she told us...

A couple of weeks ago, I went to my favorite Texas nursery, Calloways, to stock up on flowers for my pots.  As always, I was premature with my planting and we had a freeze three days after these photos were taken.  I bundled my pots up in warm blankets for two evenings and they survived.  Oh happy day!  
Here are a few pictures I took at Calloways while I was picking out my flowers.











Love the color of these begonias, but I never have much luck with them.  

Aren't these lillies gorgeous?






Love the two purples together.






More begonias that don't like me.




Great prices on orchids.  They're not too crazy about me either.



And here are my creations that I spent two nights giving life support to....












Hope your Tuesday is filled with fresh flowers!






Katie Clooney
Katie Clooney

I'm Katie. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am an empty nester meandering through my middle-aged years while entangled in the never-ending process of renovating an antique home on the South Shore of Massachusetts. I love to write about books, movies, TV, celebrities, decorating, and weekend adventures. My favorite writing material is derived from my family: the Mister, my girls, #1 and #2, and my two untrainable, rambunctious pups, Chowdah and Chili.

9 comments:

  1. Glad the plants survived. I usually am the one to jump the gun here too! I am so ready to start planting some pretty flowers and herbs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look how beautiful everything looks, Katie. I love that last picture. Just want you to know that when I try to send you a follow up to your comment it comes back as a NoReply blogger comment. I'm not ignoring you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness this article is so colorful and wonderful...Loved all the plants

    Android Developer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!! I am like a nutty girl on the loose around flowers...zero control! I was at the nursery yesterday and went bonkers, but they make me happy so its all good (hey it could be worse)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear that your flowers survived and I love that last photo. Can't wait until we can do some planting.
    Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all so pretty! I have really got to work on my green thumb - right now it is a plant murdering thumb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll take one of each Katie! Your planters and pots look great .. it's looking like spring at your place:)

    I'm finally back. Both kids have been moved to apartments and things should quiet down. I've published a new post but it's not showing as refreshed on blog rolls. Blogger is always giving me a hard time:(

    Hope you've had a nice spring break and Easter weekend.

    xxleslie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post really put me in the mood for spring. Love it! The last photo made me say "awwwww" to myself and I am excited to get into my garden as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know
    a few of the images aren't loading correctly. I'm not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
    I've tried it in two different web browsers and both show the same outcome.

    My weblog ... samsung galaxy s4 zdnet

    ReplyDelete

Beauty

Recent Posts


Best Sellers