Talbots for Spring

New Styles from Tuckernuck

Monday, September 17, 2012

Arbitrage

ar·bi·trage

[ahr-bi-trahzh for 1, 3; ahr-bi-trij for 2] Show IPA noun, verb, ar·bi·traged, ar·bi·trag·ing.
noun 1. Finance . the simultaneous purchase and sale of the same securities, commodities, or foreign exchange in different markets to profit from unequal prices
 
 
Okay... I admit it... I had to google the name of the movie that I was dying to see.  I knew I had to view it the first weekend that it was out because I have a thing for Richard Gere.  Don't worry, the Mister knows and has accepted it. 
 
It was a limited showing so we went to Angelica to buy our tickets for the 1:00 show and the line was out the door.  I looked at the women in line... I know a competitor when I see one.  They wanted to see my Richard as much as I did.  There was no way I was going to settle for some godawful first row seat to see my man.  I had another strategy.... let's buy tickets for the 3:05 show and be the first ones there.  So that's what we did.
 
Had lunch at Taco Diner, shopped a little and then went back to the theater.
 
We arrived in plenty of time, waited a while in line... but it was worth it... middle of the theater center seats. 
 
By the way... I love people who show up 5 minutes before the movie starts (hello Sista) and act like they are so taken aback that we got there before them and took all the good seats.
 

Okay... so here is my review.
 
 
Loved It!
 
I think Richard just gets better and better with age.  I don't want to give anything away but there is the same tension in this movie as there was in"Unfaithful."  The suspense sizzles through the movie.  I was sitting at the edge of my seat.  Great chemistry between Richard and Susan Sarandon - although she is not in the movie as much as I would like. 
    
A Star Is Born
 
Brit Marling plays the daughter and almost steals the show. She is not only beautiful but she is a great actress.

Who knew Graydon Carter, Editor of Vanity Fair could act?  

The plot moved along quickly and the screenwriter managed to take a complicated financial deal and make it understandable to a novice to that world.  Spoiler alert: there is a subplot involving infidelity and a automobile accident that adds some sex, more money and additional questionable ethics to the storyline. 

 
No question about it.  This is definitely my Richard's movie.  I think he was in every scene.  (No complaints here.)  It is a movie filled with intensity and its share of twists and turns. 

Can't say I was crazy about the ending.

May have spent 2 hours with my screen idol, but I walked out of the theater holding hands with my Mister.  Being an empty nester ain't so bad after all!

****

P.S...If you have Time Warner Cable you're in luck .  It is featured on On Demand.  But my suggestion is to see it on the big screen - Richard has never looked better! 
Preppy Empty Nester
Preppy Empty Nester

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to contact me through comments and email. I love to hear from my readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

J. Crew

Recent Posts